|Erect stamens welcome CEO of the Holy Roman Empire's Catholic missionary arm (AP).|
|I will now ritually kill this magic sin-cleaning chicken in the name of our one true God (aka "Love") for the glory of Israel and the destruction of our damn Palestinian neighbors! (AP)|
|The Dark Lord briefs politicians on plans for world domination (South Park).|
|All a distraction to select Jeb Bush for ruler.|
|The one true God, Odin as Zeus as YHWH...|
|Gay Christian Republican, hypocrite (AP)|
|Meet the man/woman God wants for you!|
|God: say no to feminism|
Who wrote the Bible and why?
- Anti-Pope Francis exposed! (Most Holy Family)
- Pope calls for personal transformation — maybe political
- How to unboil an egg with science (Merriam-Webster)
- Mainstream Media mash: Pope visits America
- Latinos gain greater footing: U.S. inaugurates first Mexican-American U.S. Poet Laureate, Juan Felipe Herrera (like Mexican-American Poets Laureate of L.A. and S.F.)
On eve of Pope Francis' U.S. visit, a Vatican insider examines the church’s quest to remain relevant
John Thavis, host Larry Mantle (SCPR, KPCC, Sept. 21, 2015); CC Liu, Wisdom Quarterly
|The best pope in decades visits Cuba and is received like a rock star (AP pool).|
|But "who am I to judge?" - Pope Francis|
In his book, The Vatican Prophecies: Investigating Supernatural Signs, Apparitions, and Miracles in the Modern Age (Viking, 2015), John Thavis explores the church’s ongoing battle to justify its beliefs in the mystical world of Catholicism and the public’s intellectual “thirst for something more tangible.”
|Hey, sorry about the raping and killing!|
Has the church's stance on supernatural occurrences evolved? What are we to think: Belief versus intellectual spirituality? More+AUDIO
- Guest: Author John Thavis, former Rome bureau chief of the Catholic News Service, will be covering the pope’s historic visit to the United States, to Congress, and to the White House where Barrack Obama and his husband, Michael (a.k.a. "Michelle"), will host him beginning Sept. 22, 2015.
- EVENT: Common Good Books: John Thavis discusses Vatican prophecies, investigating supernatural signs and Mary apparitions the Vatican wants to hide
|Let's revive the Holy Roman Empire and its Nazi-style fanfare and Roman psy-ops for some old time religion! Let's begin our re-conquest with America! (Tony Gentile/Pool/AP).|
Pope Francis wanted to begin his current visit to America in Mexico and enter the U.S. like Jesus on a white donkey or a poor migrant, but the U.S. wouldn't let him, so he has come through Cuba because the U.S. couldn't stop him.
|I'd rather follow the Goddess Mary (ZF).|
The [imperialist Catholic] church was barred from building new houses of worship for years after Fidel Castro's 1959 revolution turned Cuba into a communist state. Many priests were expelled from the country...
Today there are some 2,600 mission houses in Cuba... Church-State tensions have eased since the 1990s... More from mainstream AP