|Best funerals, East and West (8asians.com)|
(FungBrosComedy) Let's analyze the first episode of a hit show in its second season and only getting better as the preview we saw proved.
- Is comedy serving as a necessary “spoonful of sugar” to get audiences to accept diverse casting as the norm?
- Or is comedy being used as a cloak to perpetuate racism?
- [Racism? White privilege? Implicit bias? Matt Damon sorry for explaining "diversity" to a black director (HBO's Project Greenlight)]
This Crawford Family Forum program features an advanced screening of the “Fresh Off the Boat” season premiere and follow it with a look at the long-term implications of the success of these shows and how their existence is changing how we all talk about race. What behind-the-scenes battles have taken place? And what’s next?
(ISAtv) "Fresh Off the Boat" premieres! - Angry Asian America, Season 1, Episode 12.
- Take Two’s A Martínez (@AMartinezLA)
- Melvin Mar (@ChineseGuy88), executive producer of “Fresh Off the Boat”
- Joz Wang (@JozJozJoz), editor of 8 Asians, founder of V3, the largest digital media conference for Asian-American journalists, bloggers, and more
- Angela M. Hutchinson (@IamBiH), casting director and founder of the Breaking into Hollywood, a nonprofit for show business professionals
|Mummies: New Secrets from the Tombs, Natural History Museum (NHM.org)|