The Buddhist Kama Sutta is translated below.
|Woo, do it for the Lord! (Ms.Veitch)|
The group does not focus on conversion but rather on communicating its message, which is that Christians exist who are not judging female sex workers and are willing to accept them.
|NOW the way is...I'm blushing.|
|"According to our test results: Joseph...you are NOT the father!" (Jeremy Kyle)|
- Catholics have more sex than Christians (at least priests)
- "One in 50 priests" is a child molester says Pope Francis
- Vatican (the Holy Roman Catholic corporate headquarters) announces abortion can be absolved... But just for a year from any nominally-celibate priest or local patriarch. Why? The Pope says so, that's why. Dispensations, get your dispensations here! Forgiveness of sin, 2-for-1 sale, here! One for 50 cents, two for a dollar!
- Pope Francis says his priests can now "absolve" abortion
- The ancient temples of Bel (pictured in 2010) and Baalshamin in Palmyra are destroyed by ISIS (the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant)
- The United States announces the renaming of Mount McKinley in Alaska to its traditional name of Denali
- Flash floods and mudslides caused by Tropical Storm Erika kill at least 31 people across Dominica in the Lesser Antilles
- India is declared free from maternal and neonatal tetanus
- Wildfires across the U.S. state of Washington, including the Okanogan Complex fire, destroy more than 200 homes and burn 920 square miles (2,400 km2)
- At least 11 people are killed when a Hawker Hunter crashes onto a busy road during an airshow in Shoreham-by-Sea, UK
- Ongoing events: European migrant "crisis"
|Does Jesus loves chicks?|
|Jesus is a fiscal Republican, right?|
G.P. Malalasekera (palikanon.com) edited by Wisdom Quarterly
|Before enlightenment, Prince Siddhartha was a hedonist.|
|Is Jesus a 2000-year-old virgin, Mary Mag?|
- Source: Sn.vv.766-71; SnA.ii.511ff; J.iv.167f; cp. DhA.iii.284f; see also MNid.i.1ff.
- The Kāma Sutta contains questions asked by a deva (fairy, angel, well-born spirit) and the Buddha's answers there: A person should not become a slave or surrender him or self as prey to others [prostitution?], and speech should always be gentle (S.i.44)
- Kāma or Kāmaguna Sutta deals with the five kinds of pleasures of the senses (A.iv.458; S.v.60)
|Porn actress Jesse Jane likes JC's Gs|
But if for that person -- longing, yearning -- the pleasures diminish, that person is shattered, as if shot through with an arrow.
Whoever avoids sensual desires, however -- as one would one's foot the head of a snake -- that person goes beyond, mindfully transcends, this attachment in the world.
A person who is greedy for fields (farmland), territory, gold (money), cattle (marks of prestige and prosperity), horses (vehicles), servants (slaves), employees (subordinates), women (sexual partners), relatives (family relations), many sensual pleasures (of all six of the senses, mind being the sixth), that person is overpowered with weakness and trampled by troubles.
- See the Sigalovada Sutra to see why
So one, always mindful, is wise to avoid [craving for] sensual desires. Letting them go, one would cross over the flood (samsara, the Wheel of Rebirth, and inundation by the defilements and taints of the heart/mind) like one who, having bailed out the boat, has safely reached the farther shore.