|Psychology's famous Ziggy Freud, who originated psychotherapy, had a couch. This is it. Note the exquisite Buddha head figures next to his chair (99percentinvisible.org)|
"What I have found over time is that the more I can recognize what is happening in the present moment and simply open and allow the experience without judgment, the more I come back home."
- AUDIO: Tara's podcast: (itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tara)
- Join Tara's email community to receive exclusive updates, events, meditations, and a free download of Tara’s 10 min meditation: “Mindful Breathing: Finding Calm and Ease"
- Support enables continued offering of these talks freely, so if you value them, consider donating
To pursue healing and explore her spirituality, Brach decided to move into an ashram after college. For 10 years, she lived in this spiritual community, teaching at the ashram's yoga center, and working in a vegetarian restaurant to stay afloat.
|What did Freud see in the Buddha's teachings?|
- Buddhist Psychology: Institute for Zen Therapy Buddhism is a path of liberation for the world. In the Buddhist analysis, peace in the world and peace in the hearts of people are simply... (instituteforzentherapy.com)
- Mindfulness in Buddhism & Psychology He taught Training Compassion: From the Buddha to Modern Psychology, with Mu Soeng, at BCBS...Insight Journal asked Germer to talk... (BCBSdharma.org)
- Buddhist Psychology, New College, Univ. of Toronto Buddhist psychology is "radical," as it aims to challenge your worldview (as all authentic spirituality and psychology does). It is radical in that it addresses the [roots or radix]...
- Buddhism and Psychology: Books from Wisdom Publications The Buddhism and Psychology collection contains works on psychoanalytic and therapeutic application of Buddhist principles... (wisdompubs.org)
- Buddhism and Modern Psychology, Princeton U. Buddhism and Modern Psychology from Princeton Univ. The Dalai Lama has said that Buddhism and science are deeply compatible and has...(coursera.org)
- Buddha philosophy and Western psychology (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov) Buddhism and Western Psychology overlap in theory and practice. Over the last century, experts have written on many commonalities between Buddhism and...
- Buddhist Psychology as taught at Tariki
- Contemplative Psychotherapy and Buddhist Psychology MA (naropa.edu) Naropa University's concentration in Contemplative Psychotherapy and Buddhist Psychology -- part of our Clinical Mental Health Counseling Master's...