|Buddhas of the past, sacred Dambulla cave, Sri Lanka (inquiringmind.com)|
|How are living beings conscious? (WHP)|
|Conscious awareness (dhammawheel.com)|
|Free your mind. Rest will follow.|
|The physical base of the "mind" is the heart (K)|
|The seven main chakras,energy centers, along the spine (Manifesto-Meditations)|
According to the six senses it divides into six kinds: eye- (or visual), ear- (auditory), nose- (olfactory), tongue- (gustatory), body- (tangible), mind- (mental, intuitive, memory, psychic) consciousness.
- "Conditioned through the [sense base or sensitive portion within the] eye, the visible object, light, and attention, eye-consciousness arises.
- Conditioned through the ear, the audible object, the ear-passage, and attention, ear-consciousness arises.
- Conditioned, through the nose, the olfactive object, air, and attention, nose-consciousness arises.
- Conditioned through the tongue, the gustative object, humidity, and attention, tongue-consciousness arises.
- Conditioned through the body, bodily impression, the earth-element [the solid quality of materiality or rupa], and attention, body-consciousness arises.
- Conditioned through the subconscious [or default, underlying] mind (bhavanga-mano [manas, mind]), the mind-object, and attention, mind-consciousness arises."