|Rural children of Afghanistan look on as they are invaded and stripped of autonomy (AP).|
|Bleeding Afghanistan: Washington, Warlords, and the Propaganda of Silence|
|(Paul Fitzgerald and Liz Gould)|
|Money is the root of all war.|
When peace is a crime
Peace activist Kathy Kelly sent to prison for PROTESTING our drone war
[What CODE PINK's Medea Benjamin calls "war by remote control" peace activist Kathy Kelly protests: Our illegal assassinations, which kill many more innocent civilians ("collateral damage") than "targets," use killer drones. Why?] "At its core, war is impoverishment [impoverishing the needy to enrich the greedy].
"War’s genesis and ultimate end is in the poverty of our hearts.
"If we can realize that the world’s liberation begins within those troubled hearts, then we may yet find peace…What good has ever come from the slaughter of the innocents?" (Americans Who Tell The Truth)
Kathy Kelly is thinking about the U.S. military's insatiable appetite for war in Afghanistan and the stark facts about children near death from starvation (vcnv.org).
|Little Shuba, 3-y.o., Afghan survivor|
NYPD officer speaks out on fellow racist cops who turned backs to NY mayor and why people of color FEAR police
- U.S.-led NATO occupation formally ends combat role, but war continues
- Racist LAPD officers mock murder of Michael Brown in song parody
- Anti-police brutality protests continue across U.S.
- NSA discloses trove of violations in Christmas Eve document dump
- Indonesian officials say missing plane likely at bottom of the sea
- U.S. drone strike kills 7 as Pakistani forces expand offensive
- U.S. continues Iraq, Syria bombing; group says ISIS has killed nearly 2,000
- Thousands attend funeral for slain NYPD officer
- Police Commissioner: "Inappropriate" for officers to turn backs on mayor
- Ferguson police spokesperson suspended for calling roadside memorial "a pile of trash"
- Mexican protesters mark 3 months since student disappearances
- Al Jazeera journalists mark 365 days of imprisonment in Egypt
- Egyptian appeals court upholds convictions, reduces jail terms of pro-democracy protesters
- Cuba rejects calls to extradite Assata Shakur to U.S.
|Note strategic importance of formerly Buddhist Afghanistan, home of the Buddha (ranajitpal.com) next to Iran, former Soviet Central Asia, Pakistan, India, and China/Tibet. Greek, British, and Russian empires came here to die, now the USA has. China is next.|