|Congregation awaits sharpening their spears as a ship looms in the distance (Survival Int'l).|
July 17, 2015 (Spooky, Strange)
|Hatemongers "love" lion too late. Killing all the dentists won't bring him back. Eat well and good dental health will make all dentists pay for Palmer's crimes. Love yourself and your teeth; they're a part of nature (AP).|
|The only GUIDE you need|
The first batch could identify 31 Sentinelese. The second batch could count altogether 39 Sentinelese consisting of male and females adults, children and infants. During both the contacts the enumeration team tried to communicate with them through some Jarawa words and gestures, but, Sentinelese could not understand those verbal words). The Sentinelese are designated as a Scheduled Tribe. More
|Cuteness won't save you. Normally when females hitchhike in the U.S., they get raped. When men do, they get robbed, beaten, and left in a ditch. But robots can expect vandalism, sodomy, and annihilation. T.|
|Some who wander are lost.|
|I want to cross over and live on that island, where it's safe. - Me, too. Nirvana is that island.|
|Oh, to have or be one's own island!|
- Atta-dipa. Atta means "self." Dipa means both "island" (Sanskrit dvipa) and "lamp" (Sanskrit dipa), but the meaning "island" is well-established here. The "self" referred to is of course the unmetaphysical pronoun "oneself": compare at SN 3.8, Note 1.
- It is necessary to withdraw [to remain undistracted, to be secluded in body and mind, striving and allowing the silence], to be "an island to unto oneself," at least for a time (as any meditator knows). This is not done for any "selfish" reason but precisely in order to make this profound introspective investigation [that removes pride and allows unselfishness to blossom]. In the other sense, Buddhists would of course agree with John Donne that "No man is an island." But rather we are inter-dependent.
|Here there are many dangers; there it's safe.|
|The Buddha overlooks island of Borobudur in Java, Indonesia (obergeron/flickr).|
- As [the early Buddhist scholar] Woodward remarks in KS [Book of the Kindred Sayings, the British Pali Text Society translation of the Samyutta Nikaya, Vol. III, PTS 1924], one would expect to find here the words which he inserts in the text: "The well-taught [noble] disciple," as in many passages. If one in fact sees these things and reflects as said in the text, one will cease to be [an ordinary] "worldling" [and will "change lineage" to become a noble one, that is, an enlightened person].
- [Viraga, elsewhere translated as "dispassion" (SN 12.16, Note 2), also has this meaning.]
- [Tadanganibbuto means rather more than Woodward's "one who is rid of all that."]
- See also DN 16
- Why do Americans go to Africa to kill?
- Savage white killers (rare in mainstream media) Ken D. Wakefield is 43. Investigators say he killed and decapitated his 49-year-old wife, Trina Heisch, and their two dogs and then inflicted injuries on himself, including a severed left forearm and a missing eye. He was booked into Maricopa County (Phoenix, Arizona) jail on Aug. 1, 2015, on one count of first-degree murder and two counts of animal cruelty (Maricopa County Sheriff's Office via AP).
- Illegal Jewish settlers in Israel kill burn baby alive (DemocracyNow.org, Aug. 3, 2015)
- Africa: Zimbabwe accuses 2nd American illegally [kill]ing lion
- Cop tortures sick children at school, ACLU sues
- Catholic child molesters in Milwaukee to pay out $21 million
- The state with the most diverse flora and fauna is burning
- NAACP's journey justice protest March to Selma
|I pulled off her head, my eye, my arm - Ken|
(Hunter Hunted) Let's go play on our own island! Sperry Inc. will pay.
|Big Buddha Tian Tan, Lantau island, Hong Kong, (Michael Jevons/flickr.com)|
Were original Earthlings black?
|If the Buddha were black (Nippon_newfie)|
|Indigenous black Native ?|