Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Guru: Won’t you take tea? Take it! (Ram Dass)

Ram Dass (Dr. Dick Alpert), Miracle of Love; Ellie Askew, Dhr. Seven (ed.), Wisdom Quarterly

Ram Dass (Dr. Dick Alpert) in ecstasy
For many years before I met Maharajji, I was searching -- going here and there, studying this and that. I began following strict yogic codes: Brahmacharya [spiritual celibacy], 3:00 AM risings, cold baths, postures (asanas), and meditation (dhyan).

It was during a period when I had given up coffee and tea that I met Maharajji. Tea was being offered to all of us, and I didn’t know what to do. I said nothing but did not accept a cup of tea, and Maharajji leaned over to me, saying...

Maharajji reading Be Here Now
"Won’t you take tea? Take tea! You should drink the tea. It’s good for you in this weather! Take tea!..."

So I drank the tea. With that one cup of tea, all those strict disciplines and schedules were washed away! They seemed meaningless and unnecessary. The true work seemed beyond these things. Now I do whatever comes of itself.

๐Ÿ™❤️Maharajji Neem Karoli Baba❤️๐Ÿ™

No comments: