Thursday, January 11, 2024

Millennials: What does Gen Z do for "fun"?

Millennials have no idea about Gen Z (msn.com); Crystal Q., CC Liu (eds.), Wisdom Quarterly
I'm a fairy; look at my ears: What does Gen Z do for fun? (© TikTok/@ashleyteacozy)
.
We know how to party! On the inside
A millennial woman has admitted she is completely lost as to what members of Gen Z do for fun.

Ashley Tea, a millennial, recently took to TikTok to make the case that she thinks millennials had a “better time” than Gen Z in their 20s. “I genuinely think millennials got to have a way better time than Gen Z does,” her video began.

She then continued to give her reasoning. “I got to be an emo kid in 2005...I got to go clubbing when clubbing was the club...I was 21 years old when Indie Sleaze was going on, and I was very Indie Sleaze, and it was a very good time,” Tea said.

“You couldn’t go to the club during the pandemic? That sucks. Literally, like, my sympathies go out to you. But I have a question for the youth, like a genuine question.”

The TikToker then asked the generation what they do for fun, specifically mentioning the prime going out days like Friday or Saturday night, wondering where they would go:

“Do you go out? Do you go to a club, or do you go to shows, is it, like, only raves now?” she asked.

Tea pointed out how expensive going out can be now, as she noted that she would only go to places that were affordable for her.

“And everything is so expensive,” she continued, “I used to go to bars and restaurants because it was affordable. I worked in a restaurant, and I hung out in restaurants and bars and drank like crazy.”

She ends her video by once again asking the question: “What do you guys do? What do you do for fun??” directed at Gen Z.

Tea’s video went on to receive over one million views, with many Gen Zers leaving comments to answer her question. Some commenters explained that they had no fun at all, explaining how much money had been a factor.

“There are hardly any ‘third spaces’ anymore, free places to just exist together without expectations of spending money,” one commenter wrote.

Another commenter agreed, writing: “We aren’t having fun, we are just working. No weekend money.” More

No comments: