At a moment of rising geopolitical chaos, the imperative of mutual understanding between nations and faith communities has never been more urgent. And the dangers of action based on misunderstanding have never been greater.
"Yankee, go home!" Turkey says no to U.S. imperialism
Associated Press and Snejana Farberov for MailOnline, Nov. 12, 2014
U.S. sailors were harassed by a disgruntled mob of Turkish nationalists who pelted them with rocks and put white bags on their heads in Istanbul, telling the militant U.S. imperialists to go back to their own country.
- More than a dozen nationalists threw red paint and rocks at three sailors from the USS Ross, called them killers, and mockingly put sacks on their heads.
- Incident took place in Eminonu section of Istanbul Wednesday [11-12-14].
- USS Ross was docked on an inlet of the Bosphorus Strait in the Black Sea.
- The sailors ran like cowards fleeing on foot and being chased.
- US Navy and Embassy in Ankara condemn the attack.
|Quit it, guys! Cut it out. Stop it. Don't!|