|More amazing than the Buddhas of Bamiyan, Afghanistan is the massive Mes Aynak complex.|
|American scholars Elizabeth Gould and Paul Fitzgerald reveal the invisible history of Western intervention in Afghanistan, from UK invaders to US imperialists (Wisdom Quarterly).|
|Like ancient Scythia ("Shakya Land"), the beautiful children of Afghanistan (AP.org)|
|ANA soldier, Helmand (Abdul Malik/Reuters)|
|In fact, Buddhism reached Afghanistan within seven years of India (ranajitpal.com)|
This week, we've seen that in Sangin. It's a district of Helmand province, in southern Afghanistan. The Taliban claim they're in control of Sangin. But the fighting continues. They surrounded government troops and buildings. Like I said before, the war in Afghanistan is not over.
|Speaking at the Levantine Cultural Center|
He says Helmand is a key target for the Taliban, because of the opium that's produced in the area. "The opium markets are booming," he says. "The opium market has even caused traffic jams."
|The Dark Defile|
|The Battle for Afghanistan (williamdalrymple.co.uk) interview (May 28, 2013 KPFA)|
|Afghanistan? The truth is stranger than fiction: Afghan Buddhist missionary-monks discovered America with Hwui Shan, reveals American scholar Edward P. Vining in 1885.|
|Save Mes Aynak (Copper Well mine), Afghanistan campaign (ARCHinternational.org)|
- Saving Mes Aynak It is a race against time to save a 5000-year-old Buddhist archaeological site in Afghanistan threatened by a Chinese state-owned copper mine...
- Rescuing Mes Aynak (National Geographic Magazine) The name of this place is understated: Mes Aynak, “little copper well.” There is nothing little about Mes Aynak. In 2007 the Beijing-based China Metallurgical...
- Saving Mes Aynak (Facebook)
- SAVING MES AYNAK (Al Jazeera)
- VIDEO: "Saving Mes Aynak" (film)
|Kartemquin.com: "Saving Mes Aynak" free to watch in Afghanistan|
|The oldest Buddha statues and first human representations come from Afghanistan, many from its Hellenized period as part of the ancient Greek empire Bactria (formerly Scythia).|
- British deploy to Afghan province amid Taliban battle
- The Dark Defile: Britain's Catastrophic Invasion of Afghanistan, 1838-1842
- Afghan troops rush in to fight "Taliban" says the US's puppet leader
- Republicans know how to do fake "reality TV"
- "Weird" weather pattern takes over U.S.
- U.S. troops gleefully bomb Doctors Without Borders hospital, killing doctors
- Pres. Obama demands details Afghan clinic airstrike
- Texas police and jail officials kill Sandra Bland
- Despite video Trump denies using vulgar language ("schlong") to mock Clinton who was in restroom
- Price gouging of L.A. gas, apologist offers excuse
- Troops say, we thought Taliban seized that hospital
- US airstrikes on Afghans in push to retake city
- US troops killed in Bagram as "Taliban" resurges
- PHOTOS: Lion attacks buffalo, buffalo's friend attacks lion
- Black bear takes ride on California trash truck
- No Muslims in Disneyland, US gov't blocks UK family
- Christian extremist terrorist wants to serve as his own lawyer after his Planned Parenthood shooting
- Protesting at the Mall of America (Black Lives Matter)
- Police troopers rush in to protect capitalism at mall
- BLM demonstrators block Los Angeles freeway