It concerns its founder, author, ex-con, punk rocker, licensed therapist, and recovery drug addict Noah Levine, student of Spirit Rock's Jack Kornfield, and son of the famous Jewish Buddhist writer Stephen Levine. He is being accused of "sexual misconduct" with no salacious details given.
Did Noah Levine
- sexually harass an employee, patient, member, or board member?
- Did he say something risque at one of his popular weekly talks referring to penises and such?
- Are we to seriously believe Board Member and paid backer Mary Stancavage or popular biracial co-teacher JoAnna Harper are going to be fair judges of these scary sounding accusations?
|I own this place! You can't fire me!|
|He hired me. I'm going to defend him.|
All classes will continue as scheduled. If you have questions, please feel free to call (805) 764-1340.
- ATS Teachers Council: Matthew Brensilver, Vinny Ferraro, JoAnna Hardy, Cheryl Slean, Mary Stancavage
- ATS Board of Directors: Heather Briggs, Charles Boyd, Vinny Ferraro, David Francis, Jacqueline Drummond Lewis, Leda Maliga, Brooke Rowland
|Is this a Jewish patriarchy or ego thing?|
Or maybe it's trying to work in uber PC Hollywood and Santa Monica with so many traumatized, drug abusing and sex abuse recovering LGBTQ clients and addicts. That's a tough crowd to herd like cats into a clientele.
|Who cares about ATS? I own RR, Inc. now|
Did he do it, whatever "it" is? We can believe it, but it would be shocking. It seems more likely that this is Harvey Weinstein hysteria, but we're willing to believe.
Levine's just an addict and a man -- though one of thought he was enlightened (stream enterer) like his teacher and promoter Jack Kornfield (who wrote that Zen looking certification that hangs behind the desk at the original ATS Buddhist Meditation Center on Melrose Ave. next to the Refuge Recovery office it bought).
|Who me? I'm just a down home guy.|
Harvey W., help us all in the age of the #MeToo Movement and #TimesUp and #Enough! Levine is or was a writer for the Huffington Post; wonder if they'll fire him just for being accused. What drama and what a mess.