|Peruvian shamans performing a modern healing with the spirit world (pinterest.com)|
|Reconstruction of one of the pyramids|
It included as many as 30 major population centers in what is now the Norte Chico region of north-central coastal Peru.
|Shaman in Peru performs ceremony (shamanjon.com)|
- Mann, Charles C. (2006) . 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus. Vintage Books. pp. 199–212. ISBN 1-4000-3205-9.
- Haas, Jonathan; Winifred Creamer; Alvaro Ruiz (23 December 2004). "Dating the Late Archaic occupation of the Norte Chico region in Peru." Nature. 432 (7020): 1020–1023. doi:10.1038/nature03146. PMID 15616561.
- "Archaeologists shed new light on Americas' earliest known civilization" (press release). Northern Illinois University. 2004-12-22. Archived from the original on February 9, 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-01.
- "Detailed map of Norte Chico sites."
- "Sacred City of Caral-Supe." UNESCO. Retrieved 2011-06-09.