Saturday, July 27, 2024

Lost Buddhas of Afghanistan: What's left?


The Mysterious Lost Buddhas of Afghanistan: What is left behind in Bamiyan? 🇦🇫
Lasers have been used to create a hologram of the original stone destroyed in what Russian psychic and Theosophist Madame Blavatsky said was a much older figure of man (converted by ancient artisans into the Buddha) in various phases of evolutionary development, devolving through time and becoming smaller.

(Davud Akhundzada) Let's go see inside Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.

The Buddha of Gandhara (Saka, Afghanistan)
We travel after the U.S. bombed it back to the Stone Age, stripped it, raped the Pashtun and other peoples, and abandoned it, leaving behind $7 billion dollars' worth of nearly worthless military equipment to fight off the Chinese Empire that is coming next.

Since I started to travel and explore Asia, Afghanistan has always been my dream country. The movies I have watched and the books I have read about Afghanistan have built dreamy expectations in my head of the country that I would not be able to experience anywhere else.
  • BAMIYAN, Afghanistan (ancient Gandhara, Scythia)
Where is NW India's neighbor?
My visit did not disappoint: Afghanistan was time travel from bustling and unorganized bazaars, street shaves, same clothing in different colors, no brands, magnificent landscapes, and the bravest people with the biggest hearts of hospitality.

On this trip, we covered Mazar-i-Sharif, Kabul, and Bamiyan [which Wisdom Quarterly says are two of the seasonal capitals that once formed the Buddha's hometown of Kapilavastu, in the Scythian land of the Sakas/Shakyas].

Visiting Afghanistan is a sensitive topic for many people. As in any country I go to, the main objective is to share the day-to-day life and spotlight the ordinary people that the mass media fail to capture.

No matter how you feel about my trip, here is my summary. Despite facing significant challenges, Afghanistan has many positive aspects that deserve recognition: diverse landscapes, rich history, warm hospitality, delicious cuisine, resilient people, and more!
Archeological efforts to find (hazarapeople.com)
  • [EDITORS: According to maverick Indian historian Dr. Ranajit Pal, Prince Siddhartha (the future Buddha) was raised in Bamiyan, Afghanistan, one of three seasonal capitals (for the hot, cold, and rainy seasons), making this land around the world's largest Buddha statues hallowed ground, made all the more sacred by the fact that although the CIA/ISI/Taliban blew up the two standing hillside Buddhas, they did not uncover and destroy the largest reclining Buddha buried and hidden in the area. See this old National Geographic documentary on its historical existence.]
Takht-e Rostam, Afghanistan, ancient Gandhara
Safety was the biggest concern of many people I have talked to and, naturally, that has been the main worry when you enter a war-torn country over the last 40 years. With the re-takeover of the Taliban, the country is much safer than before; at least no conflicts are going on.

My Persian surname, which is the same as the current supreme leader of the Taliban, my cultural background, being a man with a three-year-old beard, looking like one of the locals does not qualify me to talk about safety much when it comes to being a tourist. I had a significant advantage, considering these factors.
DISCLAIMER: This is not a travel advisory. Afghanistan has a government that has not been recognized by any country, with no embassies or international relations. I am a professional traveler who explored the country with an organized guide.

I quit my corporate job in September 2021 to chase new destinations and document my life. I am following my passion for creating experience-driven travel videos with a human touch. Let's stay connected:

✅ Facebook: davudakhundzada ✅ Instagram: davud ✅ TikTok: vm.tiktok.com/ZMeSm6Pby ✅ YouTube Shorts: davudakhundzadashorts ✅ Twitter: davud_akh.

Support my work: ✖️ Patreon: davudakhundzada ✖️ Website: akhundzadadavud.com.

Featured places: See more information in Google MapsBuddha of BamyanTourist attraction 4.5 (372) Details
  • Davud Akhundzada, 10/5/23; Dhr. Seven, Amber Larson, Pfc. Sandoval (eds.), Wisdom Quarterly

No comments: