|Danger, drama: Lana Del Rey wants the whole world to love her (New York Times)|
|Evolution of the parasite: Tapeworm, Flea, Leech, Vampire Bat, Banker...Love Addict|
|Reinvent Yourself: future focus|
|When is love an addiction?|
5. Have you stayed in a bad relationship or repeatedly returned to an ex-partner because you couldn't stand to be alone?
6. When you are in a committed relationship do you wonder if you chose the RIGHT one or fantasize about a lover from your past, thinking you should have kept him or her and then you would be happier?
7. Have you used the words "soul mate" in reference to how love should be? ...
|Not crazy in love, getting paid|
I have built my career on this issue, working with ordinary people who are lost when it comes to finding and sustaining a healthy relationship, stuck in a cycle of pain and disappointment in others and themselves.
They believe that either they just can't find the right one or that the early infatuation waned and they are no longer "in love." Some jump from one relationship to another in search of that wonderful feeling they once had.
Others stay, despite feeling dissatisfied, harboring secret thoughts of leaving, cultivating emotional affairs, or cheating from time to time, having no clue about the real problem.
To be clear, addiction can be defined in a general way as a compulsive (repeated action without choice) and chronic (ongoing over time) pattern of using a substance or behavior for soothing, comforting, and/or arousal. It is used as a means of medicating uncomfortable feelings. "Addicts" typically continue use of their behavior or drug of choice despite negative consequences.
Sex addiction is a compulsive pattern of pursuing sexual arousal independent of emotional attachments. [While this seems common and promoted among American males, it gets so out of control -- for example with online porn addiction -- as to be devastating; attend an SAA meeting and find out how bad if you doubt that such a condition can even exist.]
- SCIENCE: Artificial vaginas are on the way
- PHOTO: What's up with Cameron Diaz's face?
- Involuntary sterilization then and now
- Parenting: Pop Psychology
- Kylie Jenner goes crazy at the MMVAs
- Kim Kardashian tries to go crazier at Bonaroo
- The most popular erection drug is not Viagra
- Grow close by asking right questions
- How much time should couples spend together? 5 tips