|Science's "space photos" are all fake, Photoshopped pieces of fanciful art (7-themes.com)|
|Maya, the Mirror of Illusions, painting by American artist Arthur Bowen Davies (1910)|
|Our world is illusory and unreal.|
|Photoshopping our view of space (tofu.space)|
I cling to stories, to histories, to states and preferences, but it's all falling away. I can cling to anything, but it's all the same. How do those things I cling to regard me? I'm nothing, no one special, just another clinger.
- There are forms -- bodies I assume, cling to, lose. Karma made them and took them away.
- There are feelings -- all of the sensations of the senses I temporarily possess and feel.
- There are perceptions -- all of the things I am aware of, receiving, taking in through sense media, all of that stimuli producing some form of recognition.
- There are mental formations -- the recognitions, the labels, the reactions, the feelings about them, the many psychological states to be experienced in response to what is coming in and/or being generated here.
- There are consciousnesses -- plural because there is eye consciousness, ear consciousness...mind consciousness. The Buddha laid it all out, and the commentators explain it in exquisite detail in the Buddhist psychology text known as the Higher Teaching (Abhidharma).
|What is the true nature of reality?|