Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Hippies: Making Sense of the Sixties (video)


(David Hoffman, 3/13/17) What the best documentary to understand the hippies? I'm very proud of the TV series I made for PBS called Making Sense of the Sixties.

I had the chance to spend a year examining my youth and how I became an active member of the 1960s generation.

If others are from that generation, children of the 60s, you'll find the entire series of value. To see my other work visit TheHoffmanCollection.com. Here's a quote from Hesiod, 8th century BC:

Question authority, and if necessary, F it.
“I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words. When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly disrespectful and impatient of restraint."

No comments: