Thursday, March 30, 2023

Why did they indict Trump? (comedy)

Jimmy Kimmel Live (YT); Democracy Now; Eds., Wisdom Quarterly UPDATED

I never thought they'd bust me.
I predicted this. I have an illegal source of information I pay for. I didn't do anything! It's election interference! The grand jury is interfering with my re-election. I didn't do anything. I have never lied! Ask my lawyer, Rudy. No, he's fired. Ask my boy, Junior, on Rumble. He knows his Daddy is innocent like George Washington, Jesus, and the Beatles. I'm going to use this to win the next election, so help me Alex Jones and the Salem Radio Network!
Get the cuffs on this @$$hole! Hey, guys, let me grab a selfie with the Prez for my gun club.
.
Donald Trump INDICTED
They better not send me to jail or else!
(Jimmy Kimmel Live) March 30, 2023. The day that many of us thought would never come has finally arrived as Donald Trump was indicted by the Manhattan grand jury for his role in the Stormy Daniels hush money case, Trump “truthed” a statement lashing out, now that he has been indicted he has no choice but to turn himself in for criminal processing, Don Trump Jr. jumped in with a special edition of his Rumble.com podcast to lament and fight back against the long arm of the law, Ivanka has vowed to stay out of all of this, when the news came in FOX was busy whining about trans athletes in college sports, we got more insight into what went down at Fox News after the election, George Santos answered a bunch of questions on Fox News and he also has a great new product available. #Kimmel

Summary of the crimes and charges
Amy Goodman (democracynow.org), 3/31/23

Indicted: Trump faces criminal charges in NY; three other investigations into ex-president continue
(Democracy Now!) March 31, 2023. In an unprecedented move, a Manhattan grand jury voted Thursday (3/30/23) to indict former Pres. Trump for felonies and campaign finance violations related to hush-money payments he order his attorney Mike Cohen to make to prostitute and adult film star "Stormy Daniels" (Stephanie Clifford) during the 2016 presidential campaign to hide an alleged affair, making Trump the first former U.S. president to face criminal charges.

Chris Hedges explains WHY Trump was indicted
Because the indictment is still sealed, the precise details of the charges are not yet known. This development culminates years of political corruption, fraudulent business, and personal legal troubles for Trump, who still faces three other major criminal investigations. Democracy Now! looks at the charges in this case and others that Trump faces, with Prof. Ellen Yaroshefsky, who teaches legal ethics at Hofstra University Law School.

No comments: