|Mara (Death) wood-devil-heads-in-fingers (Patrick Woodroffe/skeptically.org)|
"And when you're dead
You'll be well fed --
Fed into the jaws of Death...
No need to cry
Look at Mara and deny...
A.E. Housman, Terence, this is stupid stuff... (A Shropshire Lad, LXII); Wisdom Quarterly
|Budai Beer? (perspecticus)|
|Mithridates inoculated himself with poison (toxipedia.org)|
"There was a king reigned in the East: There, when kings will sit to feast, They get their fill before they think With poisoned meat and poisoned drink. He gathered all that sprang to birth From the many-venomed earth; First a little, thence to more, He sampled all her killing store; And easy, smiling, seasoned sound, Sate the king when healths went round. They put arsenic in his meat And stared aghast to watch him eat; They poured strychnine in his cup And shook to see him drink it up: They shook, they stared as white's their shirt: Them it was their poison hurt. --I tell the tale that I heard told. Mithridates, he died old."
- On the Buddha's Mindfulness of Death
- Asian gangs caught rigging sports matches!
- Top 10 predicted cataclysms for Earth
- PHOTOS: Travel, my son (WorldNomads.com)
- The War on Women (Portland Non Sequitur)
- Meditating in Sweden: Being with Silence
- Google to make cyborg glasses for all
- VIDEO: Did Iran kill a monkey in space?
- Remember the "Battle of Krueger" (3WayRivalry)