|Third of females and all males raped or beaten|
- Stop the Valentine's! I want to "get off" Valentine’s Day is an import, anyway, an invasive alien that sprawls across the South African landscape like some puffed-up succulent from the American Southwest. But this year, coming right on top of the "rape crisis," it seems singularly inappropriate. (Look at the figures: we’ve been in rape-crisis for much of my adult life, mind you – it’s just that this one incident was particularly horrifying and brutal, so The Crisis raised its head ...unnoticed by the social media and the politicians.
- The Dark Origins of Valentine's Day (NPR.org)
- A Whirlpool of Passion for V-Day in Japan
- Valentine's Day: Pagan Festival to Saint's Feast (History.com)
|Harming does not mean men are heartless.|
|Our rapist murderers in Iraq and Afghanistan|
|Kama: Mara Born-Among-Angels in Greek art|
- Meet greed with nongreed (unselfishness, right view, generosity),
- hate with nonhate (friendliness, compassion, joy-in-other's-joy),
- delusion with nondelusion (mindfulness, bare awareness, insight, perfection of view), and
- fear with nonfear (love, acceptance, tolerance, loving-kindness, empathy).