Monday, June 30, 2014

Twins and Suicide; My Shink; N. Korea (audio)

Wisdom Quarterly; Glynn Washington, Nancy Lopez (SnapJudgment.org, #514)



Twin sisters Christa and Cara careen after tragedy
Christa Parravani and her twin sister, Cara Parravani, did everything they could to set themselves apart. They wore different styles of clothes, pursued different careers, listened to different music. But when tragedy struck and Christa found herself without her other half, the lengths she went to to get close to her sister were beyond incredible. Christa is a writer and photographer. For more on her life before and after her twin sister, check out her memoir Her.

Baby Steps (Agoraphobia): When trapped inside a jail of our own making, the only liberator up to the task is a fellow prisoner. Joshua Walters is a performer who explores language, creativity, and madness (Producer: Mark Ristich/Sound Design: Leon Morimoto).
    Two Bowls (North Korea): From the "Risk" storytelling podcast comes a story by Christine Lee of love and sustenance in North Korea (Producer: Kevin Allison of Risk)
    • (Skuggi Snaps/flickr.com)
      Not being on or the other ...import/export, or business but to continue the Buddhist missionary work for the existing Japanese American community...
    • Clues and Answers ...the dim cool room in which my grandma sat was filled with Buddhist artifacts. Teak dressers, and framed kimonos.  In the middle of...
    • Creatures of Habit I have two tattoos and counting. I am a budding Buddhist. My spirit animal is Bill Cosby. I’m a writer and anti-hipster....
    • It's not about the bike ... (for 20 minutes) until I regained my Yogic and Buddhist composure. Question: So what did I learn from this experience? 
    • Not AGAIN! So there I was a peaceful little Buddhist boy. I prefer the term W.A.S.A.B.I or "White Anglo Saxon Buddhist Individual" getting ready for my new school. I mentioned offhandedly that... 
    • Killer Camera ...the village where I stayed there was a new house blessing. Buddhist priests had a ceremony and most of the village was there for a...

    No comments: