Monday, June 16, 2014

I'm in love! - "West Coast" (video)

Ashley Wells, Pfc. Sandoval, Wisdom Quarterly; Lana Del Rey (lanadelrey.com), "West Coast"
In "Ultraviolence," out June 17th, Cuban Lana Del Rey sings about the West Coast
Love is a burning thing. With eyes half open we step into a ring of fire, like Johnny Cash


Part 1. As a primer to love addiction and sex addiction, it might be good to start with this new smash hit all over Los Angeles radio. Now that Amber Larson and Seth Auberon have taken the helm as Wisdom Quarterly's Features Editors, it might give me time to explore affection, emotions, love, and sensuality as addictions the Buddha warned about. But we don't listen. We love it, which is why we were reborn into this Kama Loka, the "Sensual Sphere." And this song by Lana (of "Summertime Sadness" and "Maleficent" fame), better than any, suggests how we are seduced into coming here rather than forced. More importantly, what keeps us here now, like monkeys with our paws in this honey trap? And having been burned again and yet again, what could keep us coming back?

Lana, superstar, H&M supermodel
Down on the West Coast they got a saying
"If you're not [th]inking then you're not playing."
But you've got the music; you've got the music in you, don't you?

Down on the West Coast I get this feeling
Like it all could happen; that's why I'm leaving
You for the moment, you for the moment, Boy Blue, yeah you.

You're flying high at the show, I'm feeling hot to the touch
You say you miss me, and I say I miss you so much
But something keeps me really quiet, I'm alive, I'm a lush:
Your love, your love, your love

I can see my baby swinging
His Parliament's on fire and his hands are up
On the balcony and I'm singing
Ooh, baby, ooh, baby, I'm in love


(MM) Lana Del Rey performs "West Coast" on the West Coast, Coachella 2014

I can see my sweet boy swaying
He's crazy y Cubano como yo la la
On the balcony and I'm saying,
Move baby, move baby, I'm in love

I'm in love (I'm in love)
I'm in love (I'm in love)

Down on the West Coast they got their icons
Their silver starlets, their Queens of Saigon
And you've got the music; you've got the music in you, don't you?

Down on the West Coast they love their movies
Their golden gods and rock 'n roll groupies
And you've got the music, you've got the music in you, don't you?

You push it hard, I pull away, I'm feeling hotter than fire
I guess that no one ever really made me feel that much higher
Te deseo, cariƱo; boy, it's you I desire
Your love, your love, your love

I can see my baby swinging
His Parliament's on fire and his hands are up
On the balcony and I'm singing,
Ooh, baby, ooh, baby, I'm in love...

No comments: