- A judge has ordered the city of Chicago to release the video of the murder of Laquan McDonald by Officer Jason Van Dyke by November 25.
- The 17-year-old was shot 16 times by an officer who just arrived on the scene six seconds before after other police already had him corralled while he was holding a knife and walking away.
|I'm willing to murder blacks and protesters.|
|A police state keeps me working.|
|Our silence would be complicity with racist police crimes (dontshootstl.org).|
|They'll never convict, so suck it.|
|Remember the Ferguson or Fergistan protests? (Tom Tomorrow/ThisModernWorld.com)|
|Anti-Ferguson police brutality demonstration, Berkeley (Dec. 6, 2014/AP).|
- Multi-million settlement reached in Kelly Thomas police beating/murder case The Orange County city of Fullerton agreed to pay $4.9 million over the post-arrest death of a white mentally ill homeless man in 2011.
- Wrongly convicted of three sex crimes, man is freed after 16 years after DNA clears him
- Turkey shoots down Russian fighter plane near Syria border Turkish PM Ahmet Davutoglu insists has right to take "all kinds of measures" against incursions.
- After Marrying Jackie O., U.S. Pres. JFK sent other woman adulterous love letters John F. Kennedy fell for Gunilla Von Post weeks before his lavish wedding.
- Assets "seized" by cops top those stolen by burglars A new booming business: in 2014, more property was taken via legal civil asset forfeiture than burglary.
- Chicago cop charged with first degree murder in shooting death... City officials have remained uneasy about releasing dashcam footage of the killing which could resurrect strong emotions and reactions from community members.