|Learn some spiritual stuff, groove to music, eat nurturing foods, do some yoga.|
- Veda MeLA
- The REEF, 1933 S. Broadway
- Downtown Los Angeles,| Nov. 7-8, 2015
Exhibit Hall: Sat: 10:00am-7:00pm, Sun: 10:00am-6:00pm
|The Buddha saw anatta directly.|
But the Buddha did more than any other historical figure to invigorate and explain lost Vedic traditions and go beyond them to complete moksha. A Buddhist understanding of such concepts as karma, samsara, rebirth, and the self (atman) differs drastically from popular Vedic concepts. But no one much pays attention to such details.
- DETAILS: The six orthodox schools of Hinduism believe that there is an Ātman (Soul, Self) in every living being, a major point of difference with Buddhism, which explains why this illusion is not actually real -- and if one understands this with insight, enlightenment is the result -- because in an ultimate sense there is neither a permanent "self" nor "reincarnation."
|No-Self and Nirvana? How?|
|This painting is deep and misleading.|
People would rather be reborn in a heaven, even if that means falling again and again into lower worlds full of suffering later. And the thinking is that if we could just make it to Brahma's heaven or "be at one with" Brahman, then we'd be free and enlightened. But actual enlightenment and freedom would not result in that. Such aims are not what the Buddha teaches as Buddhist liberation (nirvana), so how can anyone say the Buddha was a Hindu or a practitioner of Brahmanism or had nothing more to teach than what was already being taught in the world?
|Speaker Mallika Chopra|
She is the founder and CEO of Intent.com, who launched MTV India and launched the Heal the World Foundation. "Living with Intent" is a practical yet deeply personal session to share the wisdom and actionable steps gained from thought leaders and years of exploration.
- Mela (noun): a meeting, an assembly, a cultural fair, a spiritual gathering.
- Ayurveda (noun): knowledge of health, longevity, diet, natural healing.
- Veda MeLA is a unique celebration of the massive modern emergence of arts and sciences inspired by the ancient Vedas.
- FEATURING: Globally-celebrated speakers, authors, yogi(ni)s, and social change activists
- Beyond-introductory topics in Yoga, Ayurveda, Jyotish, Vastu, Mantra, Meditation, and Yantra
- In-depth 1.25-hour workshops and yoga classes
- 3-hour immersions with master teachers
- A schedule that supports ease in the experience
- Open concerts during workshop breaks
- An energetically-aligned and beautiful venue with fantastic exhibitors
- 100% of net profit from our incredible fundraising events go directly to YogaGivesBack and Mother Om Mission! More