The White House vowed today that it will not be distracted by an upcoming disclosure sure to gain attention at home and abroad: hundreds of photos showing U.S. personnel alleged-ly [torturing] prisoners in Iraq and Afghanistan in the post-Sept. 11th environment [that they used as a pretext to violate domestic laws and international treaty agreements]. » Full Story
- Abu-Ghraib US torture admissions with photos
- Gitmo (Guantanamo Bay, Cuba)
- Los Angeles Men's Jail (according to ACLU)
- Secret detention centers around the world
- "Extraordinary rendition" centers for the CIA, NSA, FBI...
Interestingly, for all the Americans that condone and encourage American torture, none of the people tortured at these sites are convicted of anything first. This is torture of innocents (who have not yet or likely will ever be proven guilty of anything). Torture is chronic, acute, and well documented in:
- US prisons (particularly for political prisoners)