- Ed Viesturs -- the country's foremost high-altitude mountaineer and the only American to reach the summits of all of the world's 14 24,000+ foot peaks without supplemental oxygen -- visits with Madeleine.
|Layer clothes to survive wintry hikes (Michel Bazin/fotolia.com/trails.com).|
Wisdom Quarterly will train for a Himalayan ascent. This is how editors will do it with only suburban materials, no budget, and our coach from Tibet Nepal House:
- Night 1. Think pulled hamstring getting on Gore tex boots.
- Wish learned to still this monkey mind with Flatlanders.
- Cat almost killed me on steps. Next time put out cat.
- Could swear saw yeti. Maybe was spouse yelling about A/C.