|"The Republican Guide to Screwing the Working Class" (jensorensen.com)|
- Loud sound may pose more harm than once thought (AP) NY - Matt Garlock has trouble making out what his friends say in loud bars, but when he got a hearing test, the result was normal. Recent research may have found an explanation for problems like his, something called "hidden hearing loss."
- Criminal LA Sheriff's disgrace, ignominy -- case goes to jury, which will find him guilty on all counts Criminal, Latino, once a beloved public figure in Calfornia before he began engaging in corruption, protecting the common street crimes of his deputies, felonies under color of uniform, and lying about it. Thanks, double-scumbag, Sheriff Baca.
- California police use fire hose on man before killing him (AP) - OC Police in Southern California fatally murdered a man who they say pulled an unseen knife after he was forced from his locked vehicle by blasts from a fire hose and shot with less lethal projectiles. The man locked himself in the minivan...
- VIDEO: What if I want to Eat Pray Love?
- 2 ex-Penn State officials plead guilty in child-sex scandal (AP) - Two former Penn State administrators accused of covering up child sexual abuse allegations against convicted child rapist Jerry Sandusky pleaded guilty to reduced charges Monday, more than five years after the scandal rocked the university and led to the downfall of football coach Joe Paterno.