|The Mother Goddess appearing as Kwan Yin, Buddhist Goddess of Compassion (Avalokita)|
|The Buddha had two loving mothers, sisters.|
|The Buddha's biological mother Maya|
- Biographies of the Buddha all tell us that the prince’s mother’s name was Queen Maya and that she died seven days after her son was born. But we know little more. In the usual accounts Maya appears just long enough to give birth to the Buddha, unnaturally from her right side, after which she vanishes from the storyline altogether. We are not privy to the lamentation or grief we would expect at the loss of the Shakya clan’s queen, the king his wife, or the infant prince his mother.
|Siddhartha, son of Queens Maya and Pajapati|
|I love my mom/baby more than life itself.|
|Fathers support mothers' rights|
|Be like world-beloved Saint Mother Teresa.|
|Death rules samsara, the Round of Rebirths.|
|Rebirth will not come to an end by itself.|
|Mothers/goddesses have 1,000 helping hands|
2017 Mid-Atlantic Region Buddha Day, Mother's Day, Tzuchi Day
You and your family are cordially invited to our annual celebration of Buddha Day, Mother's Day, and Tzu Chi Day, on Sunday, May 14, 2017. Admission opens...
- The Meaning of Honoring Buddha Day, Mother's Day, and Tzu Chi... (tw.tzuchi.org/en) In May, Tzu Chi [a worldwide Buddhist charity] volunteers in 34 countries and regions held Buddha Day ceremonies to celebrate the three occasions of Buddha Day, Mother's Day... Celebrate Buddha Day, Mother's Day, Tzu Chi Day The second Sunday of May is a very special day, as there are three meaningful occasions that fall on that day: Mother's Day, Buddha Day...
- How to Have a Peaceful Mother's Day with a Difficult... (tinybuddha.com) For some of us, Mother's Day can be a real challenge. Here's how to have a peaceful day with a mother you don't get along with.
- Mother's Day Celebration 2017 (The Buddhist Library, buddhlib.org.sg) Post Event – Mother's Day Celebration 2017. Venue: The Buddhist Library...
- Buddha Day Ceremony Mother's Day Garden Party (BAUS.org/en) Upstate New York's Chuang Yen Monastery will be holding a Grand Garden Party to celebrate Vesak (Buddha's Day) and Mother's Day on May 14 , 2017...
- ByChanceBuddhism: A Buddhist's thoughts on Mother's Day Many celebrate Mother's Day with cards, flowers, gifts, and taking their...also known as the "Filial Piety Sutra,"* in which the Buddha instructs...
- What to Do When You Don’t Know What’s Next
- The Mindfulness of the Buddha
- Tricycle Talks: Learning to Live Fully
- Why You’re Addicted to Your Phone
- Acknowledging the Spiritual Bypass
- Gratitude for My Torturers by Phakyab Rinpoche and Sofia Stril-Rever
- Revisiting Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Dan Zigmond