|Occult connections: JPL, Northrup, L. Ron Hubbard/Scientology|
|Cult leader/founder L. Ron Hubbard|
|[L. Ron Hubbard claims to be Maitreya Buddha in The Hymn of Asia.]|
Part of Crowley’s Thelemic beliefs involved goddess worship, specifically of Babalon, a.k.a. the Mother of Abominations. Parsons, like Crowley, believed it was possible to summon Babalon into human form via the use of sexual rituals, leading to the overthrow of Judeo-Christian civilization and the rise of Thelema, exhorting followers to “do what thou wilt.”
Is Scientology like Buddhism?
Stephen A. Kent, University of Alberta, Canada (firstname.lastname@example.org), Journal of Contemporary Religion, Vol. 11, No. 1, 1996, p. 21
|I'm the new Buddha, man!*|
- He shall appear in the West.
- He shall appear at a time when religion shall be waning, when the world is imperiled [sic] and convulsed in turmoil.
- He will have golden hair or red hair.
- He will complete the work of Gautama Buddha and bring in a new golden age of man by making possible the attainment of spiritual freedom by all beings.
- Although the date of his advent is variously forecast, the nearest date places it 2,500 years after Gautama Buddha -- or roughly 1950.... (Editors in Hubbard, 1974a: [n.p.]).