Monday, May 13, 2019

Bible study with comedian Julia Sweeney

SNL Comedian Julia Sweeney via CC; Seth Auberon, Ashley Wells (eds.), Wisdom Quarterly
 
Letting Go of God (juliasweeney.com)
I think this is my favorite show. It was the hardest one to get right, and it’s a difficult topic. Letting Go of God is about how I let go of god. I was raised Catholic and for the most part, I was a happy believer and felt great affinity and allegiance to the Catholic culture. But then I looked into it, and after much agonizing reflection, I was born again. My eyes were opened. I saw the world in a scientific, natural way. It was painful and enlightening and had profound effects on how I thought about the world.

You bitch. I might smite you.
REACTION (K Panda) I cannot even begin to tell you how much your story helped me. I came across it by accident while struggling desperately to hold on to my faith. My journey was very similar to yours and so much of this just resonated so strongly with me. This piece was instrumental in me finally admitting to myself that I didn't believe anymore -- and that that was okay! Once I let go, this huge burden was lifted and everything after has been easy. Thank you so much for sharing your story.

No comments: