Monday, May 13, 2019

Death of Doris Day: "Que Sera Sera" (video)

Top Famous Tube; Zennmann; Ashley Wells, CC Liu, Crystal Quntero (eds.), Wisdom Quarterly

Wholesome, sexy Doris Day
LYRICS: When I was just a little girl, I asked my mother, "What will I be? Will I be pretty? Will I be rich?" Here's what she said to me: "Que sera sera/Whatever will be will be. The future's not ours to see. Que sera sera/What will be will be." When I grew up and fell in love, I asked my sweetheart, "What lies ahead? Will we have rainbows day after day?" Here's what my sweetheart said: Que sera sera/Whatever will be will be. The future's not ours to see. Que sera sera/What will be will be." Now I have children of my own. They ask their mother: "What will I be? Will I be handsome? Will I be rich?" I tell them tenderly: "Que sera sera/Whatever will be will be. The future's not ours to see. Que sera sera/What will be will be. Que sera sera."

Look, she lived a long life because of her kindness to animals. But she was Hollywood.
.
Doris Day, Midnight Lace, 1960
OBITUARY: Doris Day (Doris Mary Ann Kappelhoff, DorisDay.com), 97, was born on April 3, 1922 and died on May 13, 2019. She was German-American, born in Cincinnati and worked as a film actress, who was married to Al Jorden, Barry Comden, George Weidler, and Martin Melcher. She was an American actress, singer, and renowned animal welfare activist (DDAF).

German princess or American idol?
Best known for her performance in the romantic comedy Pillow Talk, which earned her an Academy Award nomination for the best actress in a leading role, was one of the most popular U.S. actresses in the 1950s and 1960s who could sing as demonstrated by her first hit recording "Sentimental Journey." She made more than 650 recordings, cementing her reputation as one of the most successful female singers of her era. Her singing and her natural flair for the performance led songwriters Jule Styne and Sammy Cahn to request her to audition for film roles, which led to her first movie, Romance on the High Seas. Blessed with flawless beauty Germans would be proud (particularly one former ruler) and a charming American personality and golden voice, Day soon became a much sought after Hollywood starlet. She was an animal lover from the very beginning and was actively involved in animal rights causes and animal welfare to the end.

No comments: