|Golden Buddha cloth hanging on city street (Georgie_girl/flickr.com)|
|Monks and novices in Theravada Thailand (T.O. Johnson/T.O.OtisPhoto/flickr.com)|
|Japanese Zen (Arashiyama)|
|Novice with candle in Shwe Yan Pyay, Burma (UrsulasWeeklyWanders.com)|
|Theravada Buddhist nuns of California, with Ayya Tathaaloka, fourth on the right (AFB)|
The title of the sutra literally means "recluseship-fruits," the benefits of becoming an wandering ascetic, a Buddhist monk or nun.
- One is respected even by kings, as well as being provided with one's basic necessities, safety, and protection.
- One is endowed with restraint and virtue (as explained in the The Net of All-Embracing Views).
- One remains with guarded sense faculties.
- One is mindful and clearly aware (sati-sampajana).
- One is contented.
|Tibetan Vajrayana Buddhist nuns with prayer wheel and beads (colunas.epoca.globo.com)|
- the first four meditative absorptions (rupa-jhanas),
- insight-knowledges (vipassanā-ñāṇa),
- advanced capacities.
- United Nations Vesak 2013 Message
- The birth of Insight Meditation (podcast)
- Google maps Cambodia's Angkor Wat
- Sigalovada 《尸迦罗越》佛教动漫电影预告片
- Walking meditation (podcast)
- "The Fourth Noble Truth" starring Harry Hamlin makes world premiere at Sonoma International Film Festival on April 3rd
- Stunning images of Seda Monastery, the world's largest Tibetan Buddhist school
- The Buddha factory (slideshow)
- Borobudur (Indonesia) as a high-resolution simulacra
- Fellowship brings fresh ideas to Abington campus community
- IIT-Gandhinagar students learn about Indian philosophy
- Shinnyo-en Buddhists donate $6.6 million to USC
- UC Berkeley researchers control cell migration, revolutionize economics with Buddha
- Female religious leaders at UNL discuss role of women in different faiths
- Missouri State professor studies Buddhism in Sri Lanka
- Mindful meditation at school makes kids go Ommm
- Mumbai University to set up Buddhist studies centre