|What can be said of emptiness (shunyata)? Emptiness, whether explained as anatta or the void, is not nothing; it is "no thing" -- no clinging to forms or ideas but instead simply being with what is (dhamma) just as it is (Wisdom Quarterly).|
Workshop facilitator: Roshi Jeff Albrizze (PasaDharma.org). From Catholic altar boy to urchin on the streets of Los Angeles, from traveling Pentecostal preacher to part-time Zen Buddhist monk, Roshi Jeff’s spiritual journey has led him down many paths. He has been practicing Zen Buddhism for over 20 years and leading PasaDharma Zen Group for over 14 years.
2. Labyrinth - Walking the Inner Garden, Miranda Rondeau
3. Vietnamese Cao Dai Meditation, Hum Bui, M.D., Hong Bui, M.D.
4. Kabbalistic Jewish Meditation, Gilla Nissan
5. 3HO - Kundalini Yoga & Sat Nam Rasayan Healing Art, Hari Nam Singh
6. Vedanta Meditation for Inner Peace, Swami Atmavidyananda
7. Guided Meditation on the Self - Bilingual (Spanish/English), Sister Jayanti/Yanina Olmos
8. Mindfulness Meditation - Vipassana Support International, Stephanie Nash
9. Meditation on Cosmic Awareness - the Twelve Blessings, Rev. Paul Nugent, Aetherius Society
10. Color Science Meditation - Jain Center of Southern California, Chetna Sawla
11. Ignatian Awareness Exsmen, Lexio Divino Centering Prayer, Prof. Frank Rogers Jr.
12. Raja Yoga Meditation - Brahma Kumaris, Sister Gita and Sister Diane
13. Still Point Episcopal / Hindu Meditation, Robert Kornell
14. Center for Krishna Consciousness, Sura Das and Mikhano
15. Lotus Sutra Chanting - Soka Gakkai International, Patti Heckman
16. Shumei Philosophy and Spiritual Practice, Steven Tokunaga
17. Seven Pillars House of Wisdom, Darakshan Farber and Friends
18. Empty Mind, Full Heart - Zen Meditation as Enlightenment - Pasa Dharma Zen Group, Jeff “Lotus Peace” Albrizze.
SOCIAL ACTION WORKSHOPS
This public conference and gathering of all traditions will be a great opportunity to deepen our practice(s), learn more about the wonderful spiritual diversity in Southern California, and to foster fellowship with many like-minded people. There will also be the second Coachella weekend and free Earth Day events within walking distance in Pasadena's Memorial Park. Plan accordingly.