|Never mind the hat. These two ex-"popes" are very different. One has disappeared while the other has risen in prominence after both retiring of their own volition (Wisdom Quarterly)|
- Religious leader asks monks to intervene in anti-Islam violence.
- Dalai Lama condemned attacks on Muslims in Sri Lanka and Burma.
- Hundreds dead and more than 135,000 displaced in Burma this year
- Nominal-Buddhist groups have attacked businesses owned by Muslims.
- Tibetan Buddhist addressed issue in speech at Univ. of Maryland, USA.
|Rubbing noses: Gov. O'Malley, Dalai Lama|
UK policy has not changed over China and Tibet
|David Cameron and Nick Clegg met the Dalai Lama at St Paul's Cathedral, May 2012|
Mr. Cameron told MPs that UK policy had not changed, and it did not support calls for independence for Tibet. More
Ravi Nessman (AP/ABC News, May 8, 2013)
|What if the violence gets as bad as Benghazi?|