|I love myself and everyone with boundless metta/loving-kindness. I practice and practice.|
- "One sleeps undisturbed.
- One awakes in comfort.
- One sees no evil dreams.
- One is dear to human beings.
- One is dear to non-human beings.
- Devas (the angelic "shining ones") protect one.
- Fire, poison, and sword cannot touch one.
- One's mind can concentrate quickly.
- One's countenance is serene.
- One dies free of confusion [which is supremely valuable to a fortunate rebirth].
- If one fails to attain full enlightenment (arhatship) here and now in this very life, one is reborn in the brahma-world.
|Reflecting on impermanence is also very useful.|
- *BJT: Mettanisamsa Sutta. Thai, Burmese, and PTS editions: Metta Sutta
- See also Iti 27