Thursday, December 24, 2009

Supermodel converts to Buddhism

Buddhist converts actor Orlando Bloom and Victoria's Secret supermodel Miranda Kerr (Hindustan Times).

NEW YORK (PTI, Dec. 24, 2009) -- Following in the footsteps of her boyfriend, actor Orlando Bloom, supermodel Miranda Kerr has converted to Buddhism in a bid to find her true self in the hustle and bustle of the Hollywood lifestyle.

The Victoria's Secret model who has been dating the heartthrob for the past two years, has embraced a form of Japanese Buddhism, Nichiren Buddhism, to keep herself grounded, reported Sun online.

"I don't like to talk too much about it, but what I will say is that it is very grounding and really centering," she said. Bloom has been a follower of the Eastern religion for some years now.

"The philosophy that I've embraced isn’t about sitting under a tree and studying my navel. It's about studying what is going on in my daily life and using that as fuel to go and live a bigger life. If you are aware of what is going on, then you can grow and use that hunger, that fear," Bloom had said in an interview about his faith.

The Australian beauty is also a keen follower of yoga and says that it's the secret behind her fabulous body.

"I drink lots of water and get as much sleep as possible. I recommend drinking fresh, organic green juices and doing lots of yoga," she said. Source

No comments: