|The NSA and us, crocodile and the frog, South Africa (photography.nationalgeographic.com)|
|Frog meditation (indervilla.com)|
|NSA: farming out our national "security" to private corporations like Booz-Allen|
The National Security Agency is out of control spying on law abiding citizens, breaking encryption codes, making credit card transactions transparent to the NSA as well as thieves (who perpetrate fraud in the billions every year) while never allowing protective steps to become so good that they keep the information secret as promised and intended...
|NSA headquarters - a building full of cubicles|
"There's panic in the halls of Fort Meade at the moment," as the NSA "would prefer to operate in the darkness...away from the light of the public," Smith declared.
The NSA is on damage control with the corporate mainstream press, their political allies in both parties, and they are putting out disinformation about their capabilities to muddle the issue, Smith reveals. Originally established as a secret military agency by the Truman administration, the NSA was all about foreign espionage during the Cold War. Now that has been turned on civilian citizens.
Today the NSA is a "bureaucratic behemoth, almost like a dinosaur, or Godzilla that has no brain," he comments, "and it will just continue to lumber on." We need to pull in the reins and dispose of the entire mission of the NSA, which has taken on illegal projects. Years ago the NSA tried to get legislative approval to install a "back door [spying] chip" on all tech equipment, Smith recounts.
But when that failed in Congress, the NSA instead covertly managed to spread a wide variety of back doors (secret access points that bypass protective measures) in both software and hardware, including intentional flaws in encryption that can be exploited throughout the tech industry by foreign governments (like China using Windows 8 to spy as easily as if they were the NSA), according to documents released by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. More
- NSA calls iPhone-using citizens "zombies" who pay for their own surveillance! Buy and carry your own "chip" (cell phone) today, available from The Apple Store
|Toad, frog, amphibians (bookbzzz.com)|
|Using tools, umbrella (onebigphoto.com)|
|Mirabilis: A Carnival of Cryptozoology|
|The mysteries and myths of the forest|
|In search of the lost frog of Colombia (Lucy Cooke/telegraph.co.uk)|
- The Beasts that Hide from Man
- The Encyclopaedia of New and Rediscovered Animals
- The Journal of Cryptozoology: Volume One
- I-Team: The Fight to Save Natural Darkness
- Not-So-Total Recall: Selectively Erasing Unwanted Memories
- Uri Geller mystified by letterbox on Thames Sonning Bridge
- The Final Nail in the Jurassic Park Coffin?
- Extreme Life Forms: Life Found in the Sediments of an Antarctic Subglacial Lake
- Happy Anniversary Lehman Brothers, and What We Haven't Learned About Wall Street Over the Past Five Years