|New offerings at InsightLA.org East Hollywood in the old Against the Stream location.|
|AgainsttheStream.org is now closed.|
For it has a new eastside center in Hollywood, at the former Against the Stream: Buddhist Meditation Society (ATS) on Melrose Avenue.
|Spring Washam teaches POC on the westside|
There will be offerings in Spanish and English and affinity groups for people of color (POC), queer and transgender people, as well as immigrants to sit together and build community.
As the schedule is designed, the priority is providing many opportunities for neighbors and friends on the east side to enter a safe and accommodating space that is welcoming to all.
In this spirit, all offerings (except for Saturday workshops) will be 100% donation-based and mostly drop-in (no pre-registration) through the end of the year.
Suggestions are invited as the teachings at InsightLA East Hollywood take shape. When communities have had a chance to practice together for a little while, there will be a town hall meeting to listen to everyone’s input. Here is some of what the InsightLA team has planned so far:
- Buddha’s Path Community Sits: Sunday morning, Tuesday, Thursday evenings
- Trauma-Informed Mindfulness Community Sit: Monday evenings
- Mindfulness Community Sit: Wednesday evenings
- Guided Meditations: Monday-Friday, 7:15 am, 12:15 pm, 6:15 pm; Saturdays 11:00 am
- Affinity groups
- Saturday Afternoon workshops
- Silent Sitting periods: Monday-Friday, 10:00 am and 3:00 pm