| Program Goals || |
|Facilitators will be trained to|| |
Develop curriculum suitable to the population they will be working with
|Target Audience||Open to the general public|
|Location||Four practicums in Los Angeles (4-5 days in length each) and additional meetings by phone, online, and in person|
|Dates of In-Person Practicums for 2019|| January 24-27 |
November 6-10 (5 days)
|Tuition and Continuing Education Units||$7,000 for the full program. Does not include travel, room, and board. Financial support is available. Program costs are non-refundable.|
|Application Fee||$50 (non-refundable)|
|Application Deadline|| |
Friday, October 12, 2018 for all required application materials.
|Course Structure|| |
|Outside Requirements|| |
|Advanced||Individuals who demonstrate excellence may be selected to be trained as an authorized UCLA Mindful Awareness Practices (MAPs) teacher.|
| Accreditation and Individual Credentialing || |
The TMF is an Accredited Mindfulness Teacher Training Program by the International Mindfulness Teachers Association (IMTA). Upon completion of the TMF, graduates will be eligible for the IMTA individual credential: Certified Mindfulness Teacher- Professional Level (CMT-P).
Steps to Apply
- Submit the $50 non-refundable application fee: CLOSED
- All applicants must submit this fee before their application is considered complete, in addition to items #2-5 of this list.
- You may pay with a credit card or a check (checks must be postmarked by the application due date). Please not do send cash. Checks must be made payable to "UC Regents."
- Complete the 2019 TMF Online Application Form: CLOSED
- Ensure that two (2) references (one of whom must be a mindfulness teacher) complete an Online Letter of Recommendation form on your behalf.
- To do so, applicants MUST send each reference the following link: CLOSED
- Applicants are responsible for:
- sending the above link to each of your two references
- confirming with your two references that their recommendations have been submitted
- Upload your current resume: CLOSED
- Upload a photo for identification purposes: CLOSED
- CLICK HERE to view and download additional information regarding the TMF 2019 program and application process.
- Program Details for Potential TMF 2019 Applicants
- A List of Approved Retreat Centers
- Frequently Asked Questions