Saturday, February 5, 2022

POEM: Living like I never lived before (LSD)

Carl FulliEpidemic, Demo '89, Metal Archives (metal-archives.com); Seth Auberon (ed.), Ananda (Dharma Buddhist Meditation, PsychedelicSangha.org, The Awareness Project), Wisdom Quarterly


One piece of paper to alter my mind
Step out of reality in awe of mankind
Trip through the unknown, distorting time

Mind turning cartwheels inside of my head
Do I welcome this feeling or wish I were dead?
Taste the wallpaper as the music turns red

Stare at the wall that melts into blood
To flee this feeling, I wish that I could
Do it all over again, or wish not that I would

The meaning of life on the tip of my tongue
Feeling insane, my brain's growing numb
Feel the vessels burst inside my lungs

Can't stop thinking
on the brink of
living like I
never lived before

Where'd I put my bloody brain?
It's gone as you can see
No, please don't step on it
Or it's the end of me

Can't put out my cigarette
This burning drink begins to melt
Wooden hearts and gnarly folk
Are what this realm's about

Walls are breathing, floating, seeming
Now look at me: I'm flat
Staring for hours
Trees are for power
as some shout

Smoke a pack in a sec
Go inside of my head
Just cuz no one can find my brain
Doesn't mean I'm dead


Lucy in the Sky
playing dice with Laughing Sam
Images before my eyes of
Lisa, Sally, and Diane

Three witches in the clear
doubling now and shifting gears
Long slow drifting
seconds seem like
a thousand years

One piece of paper has now changed my life
A permanent dent but I survived
A part of me born as another part died

Colliding thoughts slow to the pace
I once knew
Normality slowly seeping
its way through
Did you ever think this could
happen to you?

Eternally changed for better or worse
A scar on my brain or a lesson well learned?
Will it ever leave, or in my mind is it burned?

So will I return from this journey I've led?
To laugh at the world and see the madness that spreads
Calling me back to sanity's end

Can't stop thinking
on the brink of
living like I
never lived before

No comments: