Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Witches: I'll "Burn Your Village" (Kiki Rockwell)


"Burn Your Village (Same Old Energy, Part II)" (official music video)
(Kiki Rockwell) "You do not dance everyday with the fear of living in headlights, the hunted, the deer."

LYRICS: "Burn Your Village"
I could burn your motherf*ckin village to the ground
I do not roll over like a motherf*ckin hound
I could crack your skull between these motherf*ckin thighs
I could doom your lineage with one look from these eyes

I could name the date in which they'll put you in the ground
You're the one who said it's justice watching witches drown
Touch me again and I'll cut off your hand
There are some things you'll never understand

You do not dance everyday with the fear
of living in headlights, the hunted, the deer

I could tell your mother 'bout that night you held my drink
What I wouldn't give to empty you into my sink
You can think you own me cause you pay to see my loins
But I'm the one who's naked with a pocketful of coins

You can slay the dragon like a motherf*ckin man
But give me three days you'll both be eating from my hand.

Wh*re, mother, sister, sl*t
I am I am the divine goddess of the smut
Nurse, sinner, v*rg*n, b*tch
I am the I am the vengeful daughter of the witch

Touch me again and I'll cut off your hand
There are some things you'll never understand
You do not dance everyday with the fear
of living in headlights, the hunted, the deer

Wh*re, mother, sister, sl*t
I am I am the divine goddess of the smut
Nurse, sinner, v*rg*n, b*tch
I am the I am the vengeful daughter of the witch

Wh*re, mother, sister, sl*t
I am I am the divine goddess of the smut
Nurse, sinner, v*rg*n, b*tch
I am the I am the vengeful daughter of the witch

Touch me again and I'll cut off your hand
There are some things you'll never understand
You do not dance everyday with the fear
of living in headlights, the hunted, the deer

I am not your angel, I am not your saint
Let's put you in a corset, now let's see who faints
Take me to your leader shackles 'round my wrists
I'll get down on my knees and prove the goddess exists


LISTEN to EP Rituals on the Bank of a Familiar River (KikiRockwell.lnk.to/RitualsID). FOLLOW Kiki Rockwell (tiktok.com/@kikibabyrockw...instagram.com/kikibabyroc...).

This is the sequel song and music video to "Same Old Energy." Director/music video producer: Oshara Ardelean. Story: Kiki Rockwell and Oshara Ardelean. Music/lyrics/production: Kiki Rockwell. 1st AD: Amy Lapwood. Production Manager: Anushka Daga. DOP: Oshara Ardelean and Ben M Williams. 1st AC: Viran Ranaweera. 2nd AC: Kotoe Tozaki. Gaffer: Brayden Jones. Production Assist: Angelique Reed. 2nd AD: Zion Mclean. Hair and Makeup: Nora Jeanee. Costume Design: Kiki Rockwell. Costume Assist: Angelique Reed. Editor: Ben M Williams. Colorist: Oshara Ardelean. Choreographer: Summer Boudier. Main dancers/cast: Summer Boudier, Reetu Garrison, Erica Harrison. Vicar: Steven Williams "Villagers" cast: Claudia Tarrant, Antonia Chen, Katrin Wohlfart, Zanlé Louw, Cat Boesley, Shivani Lee, Wendy Ardelean, Jordan Robinson, Louis Sammons, Liam Vandenberk, Michael Redwood, George Tughushi.

Witch hunts are more prevalant today

(DW History and Culture) Premiered April 23, 2023. Whether in Macbeth, Harry Potter, or Hansel and Gretel, witches have a long tradition in literature and film, often celebrated as strong, independent women, or portrayed as the incarnation of evil.

In a recent global study, over 40 percent of those surveyed said they believe in malevolent witchcraft. So witches are not just the stuff of fantasy nor a phenomenon of some distant medieval past.

As the descendant of a family that lost several members to witch hunts, DW-reporter Karin Helmstaedt goes searching for clues, speaking to experts and digging through archives in southern Germany.

From the beginning of the Great European Witch Hunts in the 15th century to witch hunts in present-day Africa and Asia, this episode of Arts Unveiled goes after the truth about why they really happened, and why being singled out as a witch can still be deadly today.
  • 00:00 Intro
  • 01:18 The True Story of a Witch Hunt
  • 03:59 The Origins of the European Witch Hunts
  • 05:17 The "Hammer of Witches" and the History of Witch Hunts
  • 09:11 Debunking Common Witch Myths
  • 13:46 The Fate of Margarethe Kröber
  • 14:53 Witch Hunts in the New World and its End in Europe
  • 15:51 Belief in Witchcraft Today and its Cruel Traces
  • 22:34 Witches in Pop Culture and Political Activism
  • 24:26 Conclusion
Original art by Barbara Gandys instagram.com/_art_sight/... Special thanks to Pam Grossman instagram.com/phantasmaphile... Witch Wave Podcast instagram.com/witchwavepod... Witches of Scotland instagram.com/witches.of.scotland... Leo Igwe twitter.com/leoigwe...

No comments: