Thursday, February 17, 2011

"Like a G6" - The Joy of Alcoholism (video)

[Anonymous], a problem drinker, Los Angeles (Wisdom Quarterly)

Kimberly Cole and Marina (HotforWords) explain "Like a G6" lyrics by Far East Movement

I drink. It makes me sick. Yet I drink. Old Zen stories talk about drinking... even though the historical Buddha gives as the fifth of the Five Precepts:

"I undertake the training rule to abstain from alcohol and drugs that occasion heedlessness."

Dev lip-syncing her sampled hit G6 with FM on Sandra Bullock's "Lopez Tonight" (TBS).

He lived in the Good Ol' Days. He wasn't going to know what it was like. Could he see this future? I'm stressed. I got to take the edge off. It makes me a better driver. It makes me a better lover. It makes me a better person. No one else agrees. But I know it does.

And it might even make me a better hip-hop artist like the Mexican-Portuguese rapper Dev, the Jewish and Caucasian-Indian Cataracs, or the Japanese-Chinese-Korean-Filipino Far East Movement.

That's what I thought. Then I read Kevin Griffin's One Breath At A Time (see review). I work my recovery to stay out of rehab and reclaim what I lost.

Could the alcoholic old Zen masters have been wrong? Could the Buddha have been right?

WHO: Alcohol kills 2.5 million a year
(DNAIndia.com/ANI, Feb. 12, 2011)
A World Health Organization (WHO) report, profiling 193 countries on alcohol controls, has concluded that alcohol approximately kills 2.5 million people in a year.

The report also indicated that young people were especially vulnerable to its harms, reports English.news.cn.

"One third of deaths (from alcohol) are among young people," said Shekhar Saxena, director of the WHO's Mental Health and Substance Abuse department. He added that alcohol is responsible for 9% of all deaths that occurred to people aged between 15 and 29.

"Alcohol is also a causal factor in 60 types of diseases and injuries," said the WHO expert. Saxena added that alcohol consumption might lead to liver cirrhosis, epilepsy, poisonings, and mental disturbance, which very often cause road accident or violent behavior.

Top News

No comments: