- Free music center holiday concert in Los Angeles
- Free food in nearby Occupy Los Angeles GA steps
- Cinnamon Vegetarian: Latin holiday meals
The war on Iraq is changing -- not ending. Did anyone count the murdered? We invaded, killed, and stole. Somebody must have been keeping score (iCasualties.org). We have a heart, so we need to use it. Occupy Wall Street couldn't get to church, but they tried. There will be no occupying houses of worship: Most of them will be closed, at least of the Protestant variety. How could the lord let the shopping holiday season end on a Sunday?
Still, it is probably better than going to Chinese Disneyland. As Americans we shoplift instead, to a staggering degree. Why? We want what we're told to want -- even if we can't afford to go into further debt to get it. The ads, marketers, and psychologists have been too effective. Even Amish girls are no longer safe.
It's a countdown to 2012, so maybe we'll never have to pay those bills? Shopping while black gets one pepper sprayed as police increasingly act like a military force. We are living under two (or more) unlucky moons. And one is sometimes fully eclipsed as giant tsunami rolls across Alabama skies. Violence escalates in Syria, and Hillary Obama can pretend we are so upset that we have to depose Pres. Al-Assad like Libya's Kaddafi.
- VIDEO: incest prank parents make out with their kids
- Republican loser Bob Dole endorses choice
- Russia oil spill devastation - 5 million tons per year
- Mich. residents get letter calling Xmas lights "pagan"
- Blizzard-like conditions from Southwest to Plains
- Chilean girl dies after separation from conjoined twin
- Obama options with controversial pipeline project
- Iran TV shows suspected US spy "confessing"
- Pakistan: 30,000 Islamists protest against US
- Recreate your life: freedom from limiting beliefs
- How many people died in Iraq, Afghanistan so far?
- 10 words Americans added to vocab this past year
- President Obama signs $1 trillion-plus spending bill
- Americans shoplift staggering amount during holidays
- Occupy hecklers drown out Bachmann at Iowa diner
- A bi husband and a big butt: first lady deals with waves
- Police use pepper spray on shoe shoppers in Seattle
- Unforgettable social media posts of 2011
- How Hollywood stars go punk rock
- Punks shaved and forced into military
- War hawks are never satisfied
- Police get ready for war on us