Fox Power Yoga’s emphasis is teaching students how to teach yoga. The objective is for students to walk out with the ability and confidence to teach Level 1-2 and Level 2-3 formats.
There is an emphasis on safely working with mixed levels, awareness of meaningful modifications, breath (pranayama), use of props, posture assists, sequencing, and cadence.
Fox Power Yoga’s emphasis is to teach a class weaving the physical, mental, and spiritual (yogic trinity) into a dialog.
Homework will emphasize weaving spiritual life lessons into classes so that a beginning teacher can do more than simply correct alignment. Alter students' life perspectives and give them meaningful insights to chew on. The result is being prepared to teach various styles to any group in a way that leaves them feeling great and ready for more!
Even the stiffest most conservative men can learn to yoga since they need it the most.
- Tuesday and Thursday from 7:00-10:00 pm
- Every other Sunday 10:00 am-7:00 pm
Full attendance qualifies one for a Yoga Alliance 200 certificate. Adjunct faculty will include:
- Clinical psychologist Dr. Jenny Lance (RYT 500) to explore the role of yoga as therapy for depression, anxiety, and trauma
- Dr. Baba Singh and Nimrita, Kundalini Yoga
- Marta Jaspberg, Iyengar and Restorative Yoga
- Matthew Moyer, Mysore Ashtanga Yoga
- Roger Nolan, whose background includes Buddhist Vipassana (Insight) Meditation to teach Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for depression
- Tracy Krosnoff, Shadow Yoga...