|Temple gargoyle guardians, Wat Phra Kaew Thai Buddhist temple (Naxerdam/flickr.com)|
|Thai Buddha (Earlsy1/flickr)|
Bangkok, after enduring many troubles in the restive and tsunami-damaged south, is being rocked by political uprisings to oust the prime minister and create more socioeconomic equality.
In addition, the "Free land" is cracking down on mostly European foreign (farang) tourists.
|Thailand is surprisingly devotional and pious.|
|Our monks protest, too (stuff.co.nz)|
In 2010 there was blood on the streets as police state tactics (with paramilitary forces trained by the West) were deployed to squelch social unrest as a result of corrupt elections and growing inequality.
- Four dead as Bangkok sees worst political violence since 2010 (TIME) PM Yingluck Shinawatra, who won a landslide election in 2011 to become Thailand's first female PM, is the sister of the former ousted PM...the trouble maker Chamlong is yet again...
- Thai police end resistance to protesters, allow them to advance...
- Thailand on course for trouble as PM Yingluck backs amnesty... (Phuket Wan) In a nationally televised speech, Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has urged senators to pass an Amnesty Bill that she says will...
- Hong Kong travel agencies change Thai plans after violent
- Thailand braces for trouble as UN court backs Cambodia in border dispute (Reuters) HAGUE/BANGKOK - U.N. court rules in favor of Cambodia on Monday in a long-running dispute with Thailand over its border...
- Cambodia closely watches Thai political turmoil: gov't
- Thai PM to visit Moscow in spite of trouble at home
- Thai protests EASE as police relax and lift barricades
- Thailand's secret trafficking camps for human trade