Fox News' Lauren Green attacks historian Prof. Reza Aslan, Ph.D., why a former Christian and current Muslim would write about Jesus. It's reactionary, Islamophobic FOX "News" at its best.
|BESTSELLER: Zealot (amazon.com)|
|Good St. Issa as a bodhisattva|
- Letters and Politics, Dec. 24, 2013, 10:00 am
- PLAY AUDIO NOW (in own media player)
- DOWNLOAD clip (MP3, 10.28 megabytes)
- Whistleblower journalist Glenn Greenwald excerpt at Minute 48:00
|Jesus became a Pagan Roman god|
|Fairytale: white savior like Thor|
- a man of peace who exhorted his followers to arm themselves with swords;
- an exorcist and faith healer who urged his disciples to keep his identity a secret;
- and ultimately, the seditious “King of the Jews” whose promise of liberation from Rome went unfulfilled in his brief lifetime.
- [Biblical scholar Allegro points out that the Jesus cover-story came from an entheogen-using Jewish cult, possibly the Essenes, whose sacrament and "cross" was the magic mushroom. It provided them direct mystical experiences. The BBC documents that Jesus was a Buddhist monk. He returned from 18 lost years in India with long hair to continue his rebel and messianic activities to free the Jews.]
|Vishnu, I'm going back to Palestine. - Good luck.|
“This tough-minded, deeply political book does full justice to the real Jesus, and honors him in the process.”