|St. Francis, Essenes, earliest Christians lived like Buddhist monastics (gardenvisit.com)|
|Good St. Francis and the animals|
Where there is hatred, let me bring loving-kindness;
Where there is injury, forgiveness;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
May I console as well as be consoled.
May I understand as well as be understood;
May I love as well as be loved;
For in giving we receive;
In forgiving, we are forgiven;
In dying to self-centeredness, we are born to the deathless.
- Nirvana is the "deathless"
- Forgiveness (khanti) is one of the Ten Perfections
- Christ was like St. Francis: brother sun, sister moon
- Discovering Guan Yin, Buddhism's Virgin Mary
- Environmental ethics, Christianity and Buddhism
|...Buddhas only point the way (hkoppdelaney)|