(LSS) American Ed Grimsley has definitive proof of the "war in heaven," that is, the UFOs battling in Earth's night sky: these events are visible using military-grade nightvision goggles.
|Golden Buddha in Thailand behind revered arhat, an enlightened elder (Jon/AF2899/flickr)|
|UFO Wars (edgrimsley.com)|
"In that battle, the titans won and the shining ones lost. Having lost, they fled while the titans, heading north, attacked them.
"Then the thought occurred to the shining ones, 'The titans are still attacking. Why not do battle a second time?'
|Shining ones and titans warring in space, Angkor Wat, churning "milk" of the galaxy (wiki)|
|Golden skinned, blue eyed Buddha|
|Angels vs. demons? No, it's not that simple.|
Meditative absorptions and the mind
|Buddha holding mudra, Thiksey Gompa, Ladakh, Himalayan Buddhist India (WQ)|
|31 Planes of Existence (Buddhanet.net)|
[The same is said of the second, third, and fourth absorptions, of eight, which are referred to as the "form jhānas" to distinguish them from the four succeeding formless absorptions.]
"On whatever occasion a meditator, with the complete transcending of perceptions of (physical) form, with the disappearance of perceptions of diversity, and not heeding perceptions of diversity, (perceiving instead,) 'Infinite space,' enters the dimension of the boundlessness of space, that person is said to be one who has put Māra in the dark [Note 1].
- 1. The text here has "has put an end to" (antamakāsi), which does not fit the context as well as the reading, "has put in the dark" (andhamakāsi) found in the parallel passage in MN 25, so the latter reading has been followed here.
- 2. The interpretation of this image here differs from that in MN 25, which states that puts Māra in the dark upon entering the first absorption. In either case -- putting Māra in the dark beginning with the first absorption, or only beginning with the dimension of the boundlessness of space -- the "dark" is temporary, lasting only as long as one maintains that attainment.
- 3. This is the only one of these attainments that inherently contains the insight that takes one, once and for all, beyond attachment in the world.
- Jean Tirole is awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for analysis of market power and regulation
- Evo Morales is re-elected for a third term as President of Bolivia
- Kailash Satyarthi (India) and Malala Yousafzai (Pakistan) are awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for their activism against the oppression of children and young people
- Patrick Modiano, French historical author and novelist, is awarded Nobel Prize in Literature
- Eric Betzig, Stefan Hell, and William Moerner are awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry for their work on stimulated emission depletion microscopy and photoactivated localization microscopy
- The Nobel Prize in Physics is awarded to Isamu Akasaki, Hiroshi Amano, and Shuji Nakamura for the invention of efficient blue light-emitting diodes used in energy-saving lights
- Ongoing: Ebola outbreak – Hong Kong protests – Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
|Horseshoe Bend, Grand Canyon, USA|