(AP) Branson screws up, Virgin Galactic spaceship goes down. Justin Bieber not on board.
(CNN/YFN) Confirmation: Virgin space plane pilot has died unlike crewless Antares cargo ship.
|The wreckage from Virgin Galactic’s SpaceShipTwo (Reuters/TheGuardian.com)|
|Happy Halloween from space, Branson!|
A Virgin Galactic spacecraft crashed after an explosion during a test flight over [California's] Mojave desert today, killing one of the pilots, seriously injuring another, and leaving debris scattered over a wide area.
|Video still of SpaceShipTwo wreckage (AP)|
|Space plane (vimana) uses foolish fuel (SCPR)|
- Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo crash leaves 1 dead
- Virgin Galactic's Spaceline picture coming into focus
- Justin Bieber books Spaceflight with Virgin Galactic
- Virgin Galactic Plans Space Hotels, Day Trips to the Moon
- Antares operator used destruct system to blow up rocket
- Desert Exposure June 2014 Tumbleweeds Virgin Galactic hires a top PR firm -- maybe a tad too late to manage bad news...It also used the unfortunate phrase, "The Internet would completely blow up."
- Scaled Composites accident - Mojave Desert, California In particular the claim (made by Virgin Galactic) that nitrous oxide is "stable and...Three seconds into the test, there was an explosion which resulted in three..."
- Virgin Galactic hires PR firm to prep for commercial flights
- Do you have what it takes to go into space? (Probably)
- Virgin Galactic is going to be social media on rocket fuel
|I'm a billionaire, not a rocket scientist!|