|Pro-democracy demonstrators gather at a main road while police remove some barricades used to occupy Hong Kong's financial district, a key Asian financial center for more than two weeks, Oct. 13, 2014. Police took away unmanned metal barricades at the edges of the city's central financial district ahead of rush hour (AP/mail.com).|
|The Buddha at Hat Yai, Hong Kong (Benjamin Tan/flickr.com, collage of thumbnails)|
|Tian Tan Buddha at Ngong Ping, Lantau Island, HK (Robert Montgomery/rmonty119/flickr)|
|Police remove barricades that protesters set up to block off main roads in the central financial district of Hong Kong and a tunnel on Oct. 14, 2014 (Vincent Yu/AP).|
- VIDEO: Hong Kong chief now open to talks with protesters: (AP, Oct. 16, 2014) HK's chief executive, Leung Chun-Ying, announced today that he has invited rebel leaders of the pro-democracy demonstrations to discuss demands for universal voting rights [after police violence was caught on video as police dragged away a demonstrator and beat him].
|"Refuse the shadow of the past" - Occupy Hong Kong, Oct. 16, 2014 (AP video still).|
|People wearing masks remove metal barricades protesters set up to block off main roads near the heart of Hong Kong's financial district, Oct. 13, 2014. A crowd tried to charge barricades used by demonstratorss to occupy part of downtown HK as a standoff with authorities dragged into a third week (AP).|
|HK protesters boost barricades after clash|
|I'm SuperGodzilla eating Hong Kong|
- PHOTOS: Hong Kong protesters boost barricades after clash A mob of pro-mainland-China masked men opposed to Hong Kong's pro-democracy demonstrators led an apparently coordinated assault on the protest zone in the...
- MENANG, Nepal - Survivors of a blizzard that hit the Thorong La pass area in Nepal's stretch of the Himalayas were recounting their survival stories today. At least a dozen people died when they...
|Music firm brings Chinese indie rock groups to U.S. audiences. Lead singer Liang Long of Second Hand Rose performs Oct. 5 at the Modern Sky Festival in New York's Central Park. (Timothy A. Clary/AFP/Getty Images).|
|We have rock 'n roll in Asia|
|Yao Lan (guitar) and Jeroen Groenewegen-Lau of the band Second Hand Rose perform Oct. 5 at the Modern Sky Festival in NY's Central Park (Timoth A. Clary/AFP/Getty Images).|
|Fear, fear, Ebola scare means gov't control|
|Stage craft: Where was Kim Jong Un?|
|Gay brides eager in Alaska, USA|
|World in pictures: SLIDESHOW|
|Gifford Tour: women, guns|
- China bans stars with drug arrests from film, TV screens
- More related stories
- Asian shares boosted by strong China trade data Asian stock markets rose Tuesday as investors reassured by strong Chinese trade shrugged off Wall Street worries that slowing growth in Europe and Asia could hobble the global...
- Teen dead, more than 20 hurt in hayride crash
- Psychologist says Oscar Pistorius is "broken man" [Sure he may have killed his girlfriend in a reckless act of manslaughter and been found guilty of weapons charges, but is that any reason to punish a sports figure?]
|Oh no, most state do not regulate hayrides!|
- October 14th in History Highlights of this day in history: Chuck Yeager breaks sound barrier; Britain's Battle of Hastings takes place; Martin Luther King, Jr. wins Nobel Peace...
- Second Ebola patient is Texas nurse Public-health authorities intensified their monitoring of Dallas hospital workers who cared for a Liberian man who died of Ebola....
- Liquid nicotine exposures up sharply among kids Poison control workers say that as the e-cigarette industry has boomed, the number of children exposed to the liquid nicotine that gives hand-held vaporizing gadgets their...
- South Korea identity thefts forces ID overhaul After an avalanche of data breaches, South Korea's national identity card system has been raided so thoroughly by thieves that the government says it might have to issue new...
- 7 choice cars with celebrity owners
- New Jersey gay/homophobic hazing arrests...
- Kurds describe fierce battles on streets of Kobani [Crazed
Muslims"militants" take Iraq army camp as U.S. drones and bombers hit Baghdad because they were coming out of the Stone Age we bombed them into last time. How can the U.S. get troops on the ground to fight the latest CIA creation "ISIS, ISIL, Islamic Terrorists," who are taking over the world beginning with the Middle East? How about keeping it in the news. Or forget ISIS/ISIL, how about the "Khorason Group," more terrifying than ISIS! which just a minute ago was the most terrifying group since the NAZIs and the Beast from the East, "Sodom" Hussein.]